[Tweeters] Sequim Trip Report

via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Fri May 17 11:41:16 PDT 2024

Hi Tweeters,

We went to Sequim for just a single night stay. We had just one long
half day of birding yesterday morning ... not a particularly birdy day
but still worth taking the time to get out.

The true highlight was that we were serendipitously there for Bob
Steelquist's presentation on The Sandhill Cranes of the Pacific
Flyway. It was amazing! Bob has spent the last 8 years photographing
the Sandhills "as many places along the Pacific Flyway as possible"
and covered their routes and habits (for all 3 sub-species) with an
excellent presentation driven by even better photos. Bob says he
'only has about 2 more years' on this journey before he will take a
break!

The Audubon Center in Sequim is a fantastic place and if you are
ever in Sequim make sure to go see it (plan at least 2 hours). And
the Olympic Audubon Society is a LIVELY group.

- Jim in Burlington

P.S. Thanks to Bob Boekelheide for birding location suggestions. I
was not able to see any Caspians but still enjoyed your list.