[Tweeters] chipping sparrows?

Mary Forrester via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Sun May 5 14:27:47 PDT 2024

Some Tweets have said that several calls reported on Merlin as chipping sparrows' were probabaly dark eyed juncos. Granted those reporting had not seen the birds. Over the past few days I've heard, but not seen, birds which Merlin ID'd as chipping sparrows. All I can say is that these calls were unlike those of juncos, so I am inclined to think they probably were chipping sparrows (which I have heard in the East, although I couldn't swear these were the same)

Mary Forrester