[Tweeters] Inappropriate posts - from the thread Amerigo Vespucci

Teresa Michelsen via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Tue Jun 25 09:00:10 PDT 2024

I am completely in agreement with Steve’s post, and the request to stop discussing it in this venue. If you can’t see that even having an argument about this issue is alienating to so many I’m really not sure what to say. Inclusiveness in enjoying the wild world around us should take precedence over one’s own opinion about something not actually relevant to appreciating and studying birds. In your own mind you’re welcome to call them whatever you wish, whether old or new names or those you’ve made up yourself!

Teresa Michelsen
60, white female
Hoodsport, WA