[Tweeters] Port Orchard Terns

John Riegsecker via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Mon Jun 24 19:31:20 PDT 2024

All,

Between 4/18/2024 and 05/23/2024 I reported 23 banded Caspian Terns with
alphanumeric codes at Etta Turner Park in Port Orchard, across the water
from Bremerton.

10 were banded NEAR CHINOOK, CLATSOP COUNTY, OREGON
6 were banded NEAR BELLINGHAM, WHATCOM COUNTY, WASHINGTON
1 was banded NEAR WALLA WALLA, WALLA WALLA COUNTY, WASHINGTON

and I never received a response for the other 6.

In addition, I photographed 3 banded terns with no alphanumeric codes
from a different study:

Two were banded as chicks at East Sand Island in the Columbia River
estuary, Oregon in 2004.

One was banded as a chick in 2005 at Dungeness Spit in Washington.

The majority of the birds were only seen once. Today there were 169
Caspian Terns, including A842 which I first saw 05/12/24.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S183533741

John Riegsecker
Gig Harbor, WA
--