[Tweeters] Dune Peninsula Long-tailed Duck

Christopher Clark cjbirdmanclark at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 12:22:50 PST 2023

Good afternoon,

For those who don't use ebird, there's been a LONG-TAILED DUCK pretty close
to shore at Dune Peninsula in Tacoma the last few days. Today I located it
a short ways southeast of the park. If you park at Dune and walk south, it
was on the water directly across the first building at Point Ruston. Though
regular in Pierce County you don't see them so close to shore all that
often!

Also seen in the same spot was a Dunkin flock on the rocks, and earlier in
the day a good sized flock of Black Turnstones was seen flying into
Commencement Bay. Hopefully the goodies keep coming as we move into spring!

Christopher Clark
Puyallup, WA