[pccgrads] Fw: Call for Participants: Speculative F/Actors Climate Futures Workshop

PROGRAM ON CLIMATE CHANGE uwpcc at uw.edu
Mon Oct 16 17:03:38 PDT 2023

________________________________
From: Michael Beach <mwb8 at uw.edu>
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2023 3:35 PM
To: PROGRAM ON CLIMATE CHANGE <uwpcc at uw.edu>
Subject: Call for Participants: Speculative F/Actors Climate Futures Workshop

Hello, Program on Climate Change!

My name is Michael Beach. I am a PhD candidate in Human Centered Design and Engineering working on my dissertation research which is to develop a research framework for entangled justice. This includes multispecies justice and ecological justice. For my research, I am running workshops that bring together a multidisciplinary group of people to collaborate around speculative worldbuilding activities on the topics of climate change, climate justice, and climate futures. I think it would be perfect for folks in the Program on Climate Change.

I am currently recruiting for these workshops, with the first coming up this Thursday, 3-5pm. Can you please share this Call for Participants within your department? Please find details and the attached flyer below. Thank you for helping us get the word out!

Best,
Michael

Hi everyone!
My name is Michael Beach. I am a PhD candidate in HCDE. I am running a few collaborative worldbuilding workshops this week and next, and looking for participants!

Workshop Dates/Times:
Thursday, October 19th, 3-5 pm
Thursday, October 26th, 3-5 pm
Friday, October 27th, 3-5 pm

This series of workshops is the Speculative F/Actors Climate Futures Workshop. If you are interested in or curious about climate futures, speculative storytelling, and collaborative tabletop games, please fill out this recruitment survey to sign up for a spot in the study. After the workshop, participants will be interviewed about their experience in the activities. The workshop and interview will take no longer than 2 hours altogether. You can email me at mwb8 at uw.edu<mailto:mwb8 at uw.edu> if you have any questions.
These workshops are open to all.
Please feel free to share this opportunity with others.
Link to recruitment survey: https://forms.gle/Z13QTxaPbtyCs6HH8<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.gle/Z13QTxaPbtyCs6HH8__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!le2T1e7HAmcyLogqUnImjrZ7WsDEj7-SEtWpSNZuOwZH4bGlGr4FBVGI7-YSRdUReI7kIyTDGw$>
Also, see the attached recruitment flyer.

--
Michael W. Beach
Ph.D. Candidate, University of Washington