[Tweeters] Subject: More excitement - BH Grosbeaku

Dee Dee via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Wed May 8 16:21:39 PDT 2024

Like Joan, this morning I also was surprised (and pleased!) to see our first Black-headed Grosbeak of the year, a female, hanging on the suet feeder. Extra surprised because in the past have only had them visit one of the seed feeders.

A day or so ago I had 12 White-crowned Sparrows in the yard (at one time) which my aging brain thought was a new yard record until I looked back at my E-bird checklists to discover I had reported 13 at once, last February….
Enjoying reading of folks’ excitement and enthusiasm at seasonal sightings, thanks for sharing!
Dee Warnock
Edmonds