[Tweeters] Biggest Loser Thread Origin

Faye McAdams Hands via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Sun Jun 23 11:00:18 PDT 2024

That is a great article. Thanks for sharing it with us Bill!

I was interpreting this thread as relating to the upcoming Bird Name Changes though. With the decision having been made to change birds with eponymous names to something more descriptive of the bird, many birds - such as Wilson’s Warbler, Wilson’s Snipe, Steller's Jay - will be changed.

So, anticipating that, Amérigo Vespucci would lose quite a few indeed - American Bittern, American Flamingo, American Crow, American Robin, American Goldfinch, etc.

BTW, My favorite candidate that was suggested on Tweeters has to be Edgar Common!!
😂😂

Happy Birding,
Faye

Faye McAdams Hands