[Tweeters] sick siskins

Kathleen Snyder via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Thu Jun 20 06:35:42 PDT 2024

I have just taken down my seed feeders for the second time this spring. I
have had at least five sick/dead ones in the past two weeks and this is
after I started taking down and disinfecting my feeders daily. I give up.
It kills me not to see the Lesser Goldfinches and other finches that I
usually enjoy. I took the feeders down for 6 weeks the first time till I
didn't hear the siskins anymore around my house but they came back in force
within a couple of weeks after I re-hung the feeders. I live in NE Olympia.