[Tweeters] How do Cassin's Auklets work?

Stephen Elston via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Mon Jun 17 11:04:15 PDT 2024

Very interesting, Bob. Thank you for writing down all this information.

I am wondering if anyone has tried to do a population survey
accounstically. If these birds are consistent singers, it might be the case
that one can perform a population survey by analysis of sound recorded at
the nesting sites. Nowadays, there are sophisticated signal processing
algorithms that can separate a great many sources.

Regards to all, Steve