[Tweeters] photo-organizing software

Nancy Crowell via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Tue Jun 11 16:05:43 PDT 2024

I have used both Photo Mechanic & Lightroom Classic. Although LR was originally designed to be a database, it now offers editing options that rival Photoshop, including generative AI (said without commentary on the ethics of AI). If you don’t need all those bells & whistles, Photo Mechanic is fast and easy for organization. I found it to be used mostly by journalists, which is an endorsement for its speed and ease of use. I ended up leaning on Lightroom because I do want editing options, but was impressed with Photo Mechanic.

Nancy
"Images for the imagination."
www.crowellphotography.com