[Tweeters] swallows & house sparrows

Dennis Paulson via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Mon Jul 22 18:04:51 PDT 2024

Some time ago I put a lot of historical records on eBird from the 1970s and 1980s, from both the Seattle area and Grays Harbor, and my numbers were questioned again and again, I presume by an algorithm, not a person. All I could do is respond to the reviewers "there were more birds then.”

Dennis Paulson
Seattle

P.S. I’m pleased that all the data available agree with my assessments of population declines, except the part of me that wishes they didn’t!