[Tweeters] Refreshing bird generated breeze

mary hrudkaj via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Mon Jul 8 07:29:58 PDT 2024

Having an abundance of Bandtailed Pigeons feeding in my drive just a few feet from the window by my computer, when the flushed the wind generated by the 50 plus birds manages to make its way in and cools me. Not having AC, windows are kept open at night to let cooler air in, then are closed up in order of when the morning sun comes in. So right now, the window on the south side of the house above the feeding area is open. They've flushed 3 times since I started this email and feels so good.

The flock size is reduced from a week a week ago. They seem to know to head to cooler climes when we get this heat (it's been in the low to mid 90's the past 5 days now). They often disperse this time of year for nesting in less crowded areas and will be back in a few weeks.

Hope you can enjoy some nature made air conditioning.

Mary Hrudkaj
Tahuya/Belfair