[Tweeters] County Year List Project update for Jan/Feb 2023, up at WA Birder

Matt Bartels mattxyz at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 20 05:07:14 PDT 2023

Hi all -
Here’s the first bi-monthly update of the 2023 county year lit project. We’re received updates from all county compilers to get a snapshot of the birds seen in WA in the first two months of the year.

The state total [249] was identical to last year[2022], and still 11 lower than 2021.

The Western WA total [222] came in three lower than last year, and 14 lower than 2021

The Eastern WA total [191] was two below last year’s total, 10 below 2021.

Highlights for the start of the year would include the King Co Whooper Swan, Grays Harbor Common Crane, and the continuation of the irruption of Bramblings, with 2023 sightings in Clallam, Pacific & King Counties.

We’re starting out a little slower than last year, but not dramatically so. It is fun to watch spring slowly begin to unfold across the state.

If you'd like to take a look at where things stand, the list and many other interesting files are at the Washington Birder website:

http://www.wabirder.com/ <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.wabirder.com/__;!!JYXjzlvb!18CjLt1lTQSq6kK-cESc_jVnrJJiLnFE6jn8tQcQTHukTC6W3siJalU2fA1uyXxvSs0fsTalPg$>

A direct link to the 2023 county yearlist & the list of county compilers:
http://wabirder.com/county_yearlist.html <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://wabirder.com/county_yearlist.html__;!!JYXjzlvb!18CjLt1lTQSq6kK-cESc_jVnrJJiLnFE6jn8tQcQTHukTC6W3siJalU2fA1uyXxvSs1RTwhszA$>

Thanks to all the compilers and all those pitching in to begin to sketch a picture of another year's birds in WA.

Matt Bartels
Seattle, WA