[Tweeters] Male Rufous Hummer this afternoon

Vicki vickibiltz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 21:14:38 PDT 2023

Hello, I’ve been delighted the past few afternoons listening to my Lesser
Goldfinches, chickadees and juncos, occasionally the Hairy, Downy and
flickers, and a couple of times the pileated woodpecker. We’ve lived here
in Buckley almost 9 years and I think this is only the second time I’ve
seen a pileated at my feeders. We have so much rich habitat here, they just
don’t need suet. They are reliable in our forest habitat.
This early afternoon I was bringing in groceries when I spied my first
male rufous of this season, fussing with an Anna’s female at the feeder.
So, it seems the long wait is over. And my red flowering currants haven’t
bloomed yet. Just a nice starting of buds.
Happy Birding!
Vicki Biltz
Buckley, WA 98321
Vickibiltz at gmail.com