[Tweeters] Bewick's nesting in Wedgwood (Anna's too) / Surprise...Townsends Solitaire!

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Fri Mar 10 13:00:44 PST 2023

Hi Seattle Birders,

Had an Anna’s begin a nest on 2/1 and was with it for 3 weeks until the snow then sadly abandoned it.

Yesterday watched a Bewick’s (after Jessie, our dog, noticed her through a window collecting debris on a mat) carry fluff and sticks, etc. into a small woven house with wood top I had put up in a rhody so I could watch from my living room window.

It seems so early. I saw a pair building in an electrical box at my PT’s office too the day before. (On March 1, during my physical therapy appt, I was surprised to see my very first ever (Lifer!) Townsends Solitaire (on 35th Ave. NE) in a quite thickety habitat. Only wish I could have gotten a photo! Gray with white eye ring… has anyone else (Dennis Paulson said he’s seen them in his yard 3x over 32 years) seen one around these Wedgwood parts?

Wondering... is anyone else out there is seeing nesting Bewick’s this month?

Do they complete and have it all ready to move into when the time is right?

Good Birding to all.

Caryn / Wedgwood Birder