[Tweeters] Wrentittish recording - most likely confusion species

Tim Brennan tsbrennan at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 31 13:35:47 PST 2023

Hey Tweets,

I finally opened up the Wrentittish recording from the other day. I went into it assuming (as one should) that the sound would be similar to something else I've heard. Instead my brain did that thing it does when it hears an unfamiliar bird sound! I've seen Wrentits once in my life a decade or so ago, so I'm at least allowing them as a possibility. But in the interest of narrowing things down . . . I have seen comments that "Lots of birds could sound like that". I'd love some confusion species to at least listen to, if anyone has a suggestion. I don't need lots, just anything close.

I figure if anyone does get down there, and if they start poking around, there would be good value in being familiar with what other birds make call notes like that. I just have absolutely nothing coming to mind. Suggestions from people who think different crossbill type calls sound different from each other, move to the front of the line. 😉

Cheers,

Tim Brennan
Renton