[Tweeters] Rock Sandpiper continues in Port Townsend area

Steve Hampton stevechampton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 08:35:53 PST 2023

Yesterday I encountered our over-wintering Rock Sandpiper among a fairly
small number of Black Turnstones, Sanderlings, and Dunlin at Flagler
campground on Marrowstone Island. I mention this because ROSA is not
flagged in Jefferson Co, so you may not have seen it. These birds often fly
across to Port Townsend and sometimes forage at Pt Hudson. Lower tides are
best, as their high tide roost at the PT marina is often not visible from
shore.

Full list here: https://ebird.org/checklist/S126805375

good birding,

--