[Tweeters] RFI Malheur

Steve Loitz steveloitz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 11:00:57 PST 2023

I concur with Stephanie's recommendation. IME, prime time for the spring
migration at Malheur is typically mid-April to late May.

Frenchglen has a hotel and the Steens Mountain Resort is nearby. Last time
I was there, Diamond had a small hotel. I am not up to date re lodging at
Malheur Field Station. There may be other lodging opportunities of which I
am unaware. (We stay in our camper.)

If you have a camping vehicle or a car camping tent, Page Springs
Campground is a good base camp for exploring the south end of the NWR and
the west side of the Steen Mountain massif.

If you have time, I recommend a visit to the Alvord Desert on the E side of
Steens.

--
Steve Loitz
Ellensburg, WA