[Tweeters] Bewick’s Wren Territorial Fighting

Jeannine Carter jnine28 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 13:00:06 PST 2023

Hi Tweeters,

Recently we’ve had front-row seats to physical fighting between Bewick’s Wrens in our yard, multiple times, and yesterday I witnessed an all-out brawl where the two got entangled and were rolling around on the ground. It lasted almost a couple minutes, and halfway through is when I realized they were attached and grabbed my shoes to help out. Just as I got to them they got themselves detached and flew to opposite sides of the yard. I just tried to look this up in the behavior section in Birds of the World, but this doesn’t seem to have been officially observed. So I’m sharing this as it might be interesting to some here! :)

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnU-iaQ8zA4Ehohgf1A94OxeHPBl-Q

Jeannine Carter
North Beach, NW Seattle