[Tweeters] Fun Phinney Ridge yards birds - pair of Pacific Wrens

BRAD Liljequist bradliljequist at msn.com
Tue Jan 10 12:41:52 PST 2023

I know for a lot of folks this would be such a non-event, but the post-cold fun continues on Phinney (west side below zoo) with a pair of Pacific Wrens. I heard one in an evergreen a week or so ago, and then this weekend (reporting late) I heard one in our neighbor's yard - fast twitter call and all. Pishing revealed a flat out gorgeous second one, popping up to check me out (it was also very intrigued by the sound of my rake on the driveway). A breeding pair? Unfortunately no sign in last couple of days.

Definitely a yard first - these are fairly unusual even in Woodland Park.

Brad Liljequist
Phinney Ridge
Seattle, WA