[Tweeters] Birding in Brasil

Scott Ramos nearpost at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 16:34:56 PST 2023

I wanted to share some positive feelings about Brasil, its people as well
as its wildlife. While the current news is showing turmoil in its politics,
there is much more to the country than what is being portrayed in the
media. I say this with some license, having lived in the country for over 5
years.

Six of us from the Puget Sound region spent 3 weeks on a birding and
wildlife tour of Brasil in October 2022. Visiting parts of 3 states, we saw
nearly 500 species of birds and many iconic mammals of the Pantanal.
Throughout the trip, we always felt welcomed and were shown nothing but
warmth and friendliness. Our lodging was not 5 stars but always
comfortable, with modern amenities. The food we were served was excellent;
the coffee superb. As the trip was nearing its end, and we found it
necessary to bend a little to avoid the demonstrations surrounding the
outcome of the recent elections, some of our group were already talking
about when a return trip might happen. This is a country that has much to
offer. I hope others have an opportunity to visit and value.

In an effort to share some of the experiences we had and to give ideas
about logistics for those considering such a trip, I have written a
travelog with discussion of where we went, where we stayed and what we saw
and experienced. Maybe it will be of use to others.

Brasil 2022 Blog <https://naturenw.wordpress.com/2022/10/13/brasil-2022/>

If you're not interested in the stories but would like to sample some
images from the trip, you can find my collection on Flickr.

Brasil 2022 Flickr album
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/farpost/albums/72177720304094238>

Thanks. And let me know if you have comments or questions.
Scott Ramos
Seattle