[Tweeters] Brady Loop Common Crane

MARVIN BREECE marvbreece at q.com
Sun Jan 8 09:34:21 PST 2023

Yesterday (1.7.23) when I arrived at Brady Loop in Grays Harbor County at about 8AM, there was no crane to be found. After a couple of hours or so, the COMMON CRANE made an appearance with 17 SANDHILL CRANES at the east end of the loop. I didn't see them arrive; I received a tip from a thoughtful birder. The birds were distant & the ongoing rain varied in intensity. But what the heck, this is bird watching, not a trip to the zoo. No complaints.

I didn't see the Golden Eagle. There were both TRUMPETER & TUNDRA SWANS. Shorebirds included many BLACK-BELLIED PLOVERS, DUNLIN, KILLDEER & a few GREATER YELLOWLEGS. I missed the earlier reported LESSER YELLOWLEGS, but I suspect it was there.

The variety of Canada/Cackling Geese was interesting. There were quite a few of the very dark DUSKY CANADA GEESE & some MINIMA CACKLING GEESE too. And other forms I can only guess as to their identity.

VIDEOS: https://flic.kr/ps/376fhN

Marv BreeceTukwila, WA
marvbreece at q.com<mailto:marvbreece at q.com>