[Tweeters] Big Island Bird Guide recommendations

John Suciu jsuciu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 11:45:21 PST 2023

Hi All,

I'll be traveling to the Big Island at the end of the month and was
wondering if anyone had recommendations for Bird Guides. I reached out to a
person named Lance Tanino and sadly, didn't get a response. I also
inquired with Hawaii Forest and Trail and was quoted a price that was too
high for me ($1,000+, since only a private tour was available). I'm not
looking for someone to hit any target species, just a person who is
knowledgeable about good places to go and help me learn about birds in the
area.

Thanks,

John