[Tweeters] Escaped Little corella at Green Lake?!

Max Kingsbury max.kingsbury at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 12:50:51 PST 2023

Hey folks. I was just running around green lake and while passing the pull
up bars just north of the boat rental building, I saw what at first looked
like a large white pigeon/dove fly across the path. When I got a second
look I saw it had the distinctive crest and bill of a parakeet or parrot!
My wife and I just took a trip to Australia and it reminded me most of the
Little Corellas we saw all over the place, because it was pretty much all
white. I looked up a reference photo and I'm pretty sure that's what it
was. I was very intent on my run so I didn't stop to get a picture of the
bird, and it flew south along the path as I left, being chased by a crow.

If anyone else is out birding this weekend at Green Lake, please keep an
eye out and record the sighting. I imagine it's someone's pet and they'd
love information about its whereabouts.

Regards
Max