[Tweeters] Varied Thrushes Visit

Joan Miller jemskink at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 16:43:10 PST 2022

I was so delighted to find two Varied Thrushes poking around my yard today!
They hung around for quite a while, kicking up duff and grazing under the
seed feeder. I was able to get a few good photos. I hope they stick around
for a while. It was a busy feeder day, with Juncos, Stellers Jays, Fox
Sparrows, Golden-Crowned Sparrows, Chickadees, Flickers and Anna's hummers.
Didn't see any Bushtits or Bewick's wrens.

Oh, I heard a new bird call - like a soft chuck chuck. Turned out to be the
Varied Thrush!

Joan Miller
West Seattle
jemskink at gmail dot com