[pccgrads] PCC Outreach Opportunity - Innovation Lab High Earth Day Presentation

Reese Barrett via pccgrads pccgrads at u.washington.edu
Fri Mar 29 08:23:02 PDT 2024

Hi all,

We have an exciting community outreach opportunity for you! We have received a request from Innovation Lab High for speakers for their annual Earth Day event. The ILHS Earth Day event is a full day of speakers and workshops, dedicated to learning about the environment, climate change, natural Earth systems, food production and food waste. This year, the emphasis is on biology and ecosystems, and are looking to dive deep into the science of environmental topics.

This is a great opportunity for you to engage with our broader community and practice your science communication skills. The event specifics are outlined below: ~5 people with expertise in biology, ecosystems, or a related topic (they probably would be happy to have you even if you don’t fit in these categories) are needed to give 2-3 ~25 minute talks (or 50-minute activities) on April 17 throughout the school day (8:40 am - 1:15 pm).

If you are interested in volunteering for this opportunity, please let me know by April 2, and I will choose volunteers in order of responses to this email. When you email, I will confirm your interest and connect you and other volunteers with the event managers.

Thank you!
Reese

Reese Barrett
Oceanography PhD Student