[pccgrads] It's time to RSVP! Our Annual PCC Winter Welcome is March 6 from 5-8 pm

Miriam A. Bertram mab23 at uw.edu
Mon Feb 26 16:47:19 PST 2024

Haven't RSVP'd yet? Please do. The Winter Welcome in next week.

*Celebrate Climate Science Collaboration!*

at the 2024 UW Program on Climate Change <https://pcc.uw.edu/> Winter
Welcome

Please RSVP
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.gle/hzdqTAA3HpSpzcSYA__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!ioxh1hqprAxX3AKPxF9NNet3vYgzQSssXmCFWucS1istFRFPQY_oG90KYoDxBYVNG6nugp1x8aU7$>
(ASAP!)

You are invited to join friends and colleagues at the annual PCC Winter
Welcome on Wednesday March 6 from 5-8 pm in the lobby and auditorium
of the Fisheries
Sciences Building <http://uw.edu/maps/?fsh>. PCC Director Becky Alexander
will welcome everyone and introduce new community members, share program
updates, and host quicktalks by new postdocs including:

-

Gemma O’Connor, “Modeling wind/ocean interactions around West Antarctica
to understand the drivers of ice loss” (Oceanography)
-

Qiuxian Li, “A Novel Approach to Meridional Ocean Heat Transport Anomaly
Decomposition” (Oceanography)
-

Sonja Wahl, “Investigating snow processes through the lens of stable
water isotopes” (Earth and Space Sciences)
-

Tailong He (Atmospheric Sciences)
-

Brooke Weigel, “Effects of climate change on snow algae in the Cascades”
(Oceanography)
-

Laramie Jensen (Polar Science Center)

These activities will be followed by a catered appetizer buffet with drinks
and an opportunity to share your ideas for the theme
<https://pcc.uw.edu/events/pcc-summer-institute/past-pcc-summer-institutes/> of
the PCC Summer Institute in September 2025.

Whether or not you can attend the Winter Welcome, we invite you to
participate in the “Get to Know the PCC” fun fact survey.
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdNlacRfq39XTgF8TkWld3YM9vHQmnpwv0WsZUqUV9bvuP3vQ/viewform?usp=sf_link__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!ioxh1hqprAxX3AKPxF9NNet3vYgzQSssXmCFWucS1istFRFPQY_oG90KYoDxBYVNG6nugqYZE41e$>
We’ll share the results at the Winter Welcome.

Please RSVP
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.gle/hzdqTAA3HpSpzcSYA__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!ioxh1hqprAxX3AKPxF9NNet3vYgzQSssXmCFWucS1istFRFPQY_oG90KYoDxBYVNG6nugp1x8aU7$>
. This helps us provide the right amount of food and beverage.

Questions? Contact Miriam at uwpcc at uw.edu