[pccgrads] Our Annual PCC Winter Welcome is March 6 from 5-8 pm - RSVP and more

PROGRAM ON CLIMATE CHANGE uwpcc at uw.edu
Wed Feb 7 13:25:39 PST 2024

Celebrate Climate Science Collaboration!

at the 2024 UW Program on Climate Change<https://pcc.uw.edu/> Winter Welcome

Please RSVP<https://forms.gle/hzdqTAA3HpSpzcSYA> on or before Monday February 26th, 2024

You are invited to join friends and colleagues at the annual PCC Winter Welcome on Wednesday March 6 from 5-8 pm in the lobby and auditorium of the Fisheries Sciences Building<http://uw.edu/maps/?fsh>. PCC Director Becky Alexander will welcome everyone and introduce new community members, share program updates, and host quicktalks by new postdocs including:

* Gemma O’Connor, “Modeling wind/ocean interactions around West Antarctica to understand the drivers of ice loss” (Oceanography)

* Qiuxian Li, “A Novel Approach to Meridional Ocean Heat Transport Anomaly Decomposition” (Oceanography)

* Sonja Wahl, “Investigating snow processes through the lens of stable water isotopes” (Earth and Space Sciences)

* Tailong He (Atmospheric Sciences)

* Brooke Weigel, “Effects of climate change on snow algae in the Cascades” (Oceanography)

* Laramie Jensen (Polar Science Center)

These activities will be followed by a catered appetizer buffet with drinks and an opportunity to share your ideas for the theme<https://pcc.uw.edu/events/pcc-summer-institute/past-pcc-summer-institutes/> of the PCC Summer Institute in September 2025.

Extra Credit: Whether or not you can attend the Winter Welcome, we invite you to participate in the “Get to Know the PCC” fun fact survey.<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdNlacRfq39XTgF8TkWld3YM9vHQmnpwv0WsZUqUV9bvuP3vQ/viewform?usp=sf_link> We’ll share the results at the Winter Welcome.

Please RSVP<https://forms.gle/hzdqTAA3HpSpzcSYA> on or before Monday February 26th, 2024. This helps us provide an accurate headcount to the caterer.

Questions? Contact Miriam at uwpcc at uw.edu<mailto:uwpcc at uw.edu>