[pccgrads] Climate talk for seniors!

Aesha Mokashi aesham at uw.edu
Wed Feb 7 18:40:07 PST 2024

Hi all,

I'm still looking for volunteers for an exciting community outreach
opportunity!

We have received a request from Mirabella, a Seattle Continuous Care
Facility for *1-2 talks on climate change*. This is a great opportunity
for you to engage with our broader community and practice your science
communication skills. The event specifics are outlined below:

Event specifics:

-

*1-2** of people* with expertise on the *impact of **climate change in
the Pacific Northwest*; and/or with expertise on the* impact of* *climate
change on salmon and orcas*
-

A live* ~50 min talk* with time for 10 min Q and A
-

Will occur in* Feb/Mar/Apr (very flexible)*, Monday or Wednesday, 10:30
or 3:30 pm at Mirabella Seattle in South Lake Union: 116 Fairview Ave N,
Seattle, WA 98109

If you are interested in volunteering for this opportunity, please let me
know. When you email, I will confirm your interest and connect you and
other volunteers with the event managers.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Aesha

(PCC Graduate Student Advisory Committee- Public Engagement)

--

Aesha Mokashi (She/her/hers)

Graduate Student- MS Environmental Health Sciences

Department of Environmental & Occupational Health Sciences

[image: DEOHS Logo]