[pccgrads] Public outreach opportunity - Climate Day of Action (Nathan Hale High)

Sangmin Song sangsong at uw.edu
Mon Feb 5 10:56:30 PST 2024

Hi PCC Community,

We have an exciting public outreach opportunity for you! We have
received a request from Nathan Hale High School for a workshop leader
at the Climate Day of Action. This event is for high school students
to engage in climate conversation with local groups, and is held by
the student Climate Justice Club. This is a great opportunity for you
to engage with our broader community and practice your science
communication skills. The event specifics are outlined below:

- Looking for one person or a team to host a workshop (55 minute time
slot to present or run an activity on anything related to climate
action)
- Event on April 24th, 2024 at Nathan Hale High School (in
Meadowbrook, near Northgate)
- Event runs from 8:50am to 2:25pm but three workshop slots are available
- Lunch provided for volunteers

If you are interested in volunteering for this opportunity, please let
me know by Friday, Feb 16th. I can confirm your interest and connect
you with the event managers.

Thanks for your interest,
-Song
PCC Graduate Student Advisory Committee