[pccgrads] Applications Open for the 2024 Graduate Climate Conference at UW

Lily Zhang via pccgrads pccgrads at u.washington.edu
Thu Apr 25 08:37:07 PDT 2024

(apologies if you have already received this message)

[image: full_color_purple_text.png]
Hi PCC Grads!

We are excited to announce that UW will be hosting the 18th Annual *Graduate
Climate Conference (GCC) on November 1-3, 2024*, at the Pack Forest
Conference Center in the foothills of Mount Rainier! *Applications
<https://graduateclimateconference.github.io/application/> are open from
now until June 14th!*

GCC is an annual interdisciplinary climate conference *run by graduate
students, for graduate students *featuring panel discussions,
presentations, workshops from industry, social events, and more. GCC
highlights climate research from a variety of disciplines within the *physical,
natural, and social sciences and humanities.* The organizers of GCC
<https://graduateclimateconference.github.io/about/> strive to feature a
diverse representation of students and research topics to create a broader,
more inclusive community for emerging leaders in climate-related fields. *We
encourage students from all backgrounds and stages of their graduate
careers to apply.*

You may notice that many graduate students affiliated with the Program on
Climate Change are involved with this year's GCC Organizing Committee.
Since *GCC was started by PCC graduate students, *we are especially excited
to have the conference return to UW and to see UW graduate students there!

*The deadline for abstract submission is June 14th.* Apply on our website
<https://graduateclimateconference.github.io/> today! *There is no fee to
register or apply. *Acceptances will be emailed in July. Limited funding to
cover any costs incurred by attending the conference will be awarded on an
as-needed basis to as many participants as possible.

For conference updates, please check the GCC website
<https://graduateclimateconference.github.io/> or connect with us via
Twitter <https://twitter.com/gradclimateconf>.

Please contact the Organizing Committee with any additional questions at
gradclimateconference at gmail.com

We hope to see you at Pack Forest this fall!

Sincerely,
Lily Zhang
GCC 2024 Co-Chair
--