[pccgrads] City of Shoreline Planners and Managers Seek Climate Change 101 presentations in early October

PROGRAM ON CLIMATE CHANGE uwpcc at uw.edu
Tue Sep 19 08:42:13 PDT 2023

Hello potential climate change speakers...

Do you live in or near Shoreline, and have an interest in helping the city employees understand climate change? Are you interested in doing some pretty basic climate change outreach?

CIG forwarded us a request for two presentations in October--one on the Climate System and Causes of Climate Change-- one on Impacts Globally and in Our Region. The presentations would be to roughly 10 City Planners and Managers who will be implementing the Shoreline Climate Action Plan<https://www.shorelinewa.gov/home/showpublisheddocument/57890/638071306992730000>. The request is coming from the Environmental Services Program Manager in the City of Shoreline.

Presentations would be 25 minutes (roughly) with time for questions and could be done by zoom or in person at Shoreline City Hall, as they have hybrid meetings. This would be during the workday (9-4 M to F). Ideally the two presentations would be done in consecutive weeks, and can could be done by different individuals.

I've got pdf examples from CIG of presentations they gave to the City of Burien in the past, so you'd have a good starting point. Please email me (Miriam, uwpcc at uw.edu) if you are interested in learning more about this request—I can connect you to some resources.

Also, as we are just getting started in the new academic year, if you are someone interested in doing climate outreach please let me know. If there are specific audiences, or content, you are interested in focusing on, let me know. The PCC grad students (PGraSC<https://pcc.uw.edu/people/graduate-student-steering-committee/>) organize a lot of the climate outreach requests we get, and they and I will add your names to lists of people to reach out to directly.

Hoping your quarter is getting off to a good start.

Best,

Miriam