[pccgrads] AGU judges for student presentation award

Alex Lowe loweaj01 at uw.edu
Fri Nov 17 09:05:22 PST 2023

Hi all,

If you are not attending AGU this year you can ignore this message.

My name is Alex Lowe, I am a PhD student in Biology studying paleobotany and paleoclimatology. I am co-chairing a session titled "Advances in the Miocene Climate Dynamics".

I am looking for two judges for the outstanding student presenter award (OSPA) program. It consists of sitting through their talk or visiting their poster, and assessing their presentation via a rubric shared by the OSPA, which you will submit through their online portal. You also give constructive feedback to the student. Resume builder and a little giving back!?!

If you are interested, are you able to judge one of the following (just one is fine!)? If so, let me know, and I can give you more details.

1. Oral presentation, Friday (12/15) 4:30-4:45. Title: Miocene (23-12 Ma) Northern Mediterranean continental paleotemperatures within a global climate framework (Digne-Valensole Basin, SE France).

2. Poster presentation, Friday (12/15) 8:30-12:30. Title: A Shallow Water Marine Record of the Miocene Climate Optimum.

https://www.agu.org/learn-and-develop/learn/student-competitions/ospa/how-to-participate#1

Alex