[pccgrads] Join Us *Tomorrow* for Drinks & Climate Solutions

Steffen Coenen scoenen at uw.edu
Tue Mar 7 10:05:58 PST 2023

Reminder for Schooner Series event with *grad students talking about
climate solutions at Bickersons Brewhouse tomorrow (3/8) at 6:00pm!* We
hope you can join us!

All details below!

Thanks,

Steffen

PCC Graduate Steering Committee Member

Graduate Student in Transportation Engineering

On Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at 3:29 PM Steffen Coenen <scoenen at uw.edu> wrote:

> Hi Everyone!

> The PCC Graduate Steering Committee (P-GraSC) is excited to invite you to

> our *Winter Schooner Series Event*

> <https://www.strangertickets.com/imager/b/original/135532122/7b00/Poster-Climate-Solutions_Folio.png>* at

> Bickersons Brewhouse in Ballard on Wednesday, March 8th from 6-7:30pm* to

> learn about the solutions to climate impacts on Washington’s ecosystems and

> communities and beyond! Three graduate students from across the UW will be

> presenting about climate scenario modeling, carbon-free energy policies,

> and eelgrass restoration. Info on our speakers and topics are below:

> -

> *Climate Risk & Scenario Modeling: Articulating Impacts *Presented by Sam

> Shugart from the Foster School of Business

> - *Path to Decarbonization: Washington State's Transition to 100%

> Renewable Energy*

> Presented by Annalise Stein from the Evans School of Public Policy and

> Governance

> -

> *Restoring Our Ocean’s Secret Weapon; A Deeper View Into Seagrass

> Restoration and Population Resilience *Presented by Christine Nolan

> from Biology

> Admission is FREE. If you would like to join us for climate conversations,

> community building, and tasty beer, *please RSVP **HERE*

> <https://www.strangertickets.com/events/135532905/in-hot-pursuit-of-climate-solutions> (optional)!

> We look forward to seeing you there!

> Thanks,

> Steffen

> PCC Graduate Steering Committee Member

> Graduate Student in Transportation Engineering

[image: image.png]