[pccgrads] PCC Outreach Opportunity - Speaker Request

George K. Darkwah gdarkwah at uw.edu
Tue Jun 13 14:44:01 PDT 2023

Hi all,

We have an exciting community outreach opportunity for you! We have received a request from the SEIU 775 Benefits Group<https://www.myseiubenefits.org/about/> for an external speaker who will develop and teach a 1-hour course at this year’s SEIU 775 Leadership Convention. The theme for this year’s convention is “Climate Change – Extreme Weather Events.” This is a great opportunity for you to engage with our broader community and practice your science communication skills. The event specifics are outlined below:

Event Specifics:

* Location: Seattle Convention Center.
* Date: 29th & 30th September 2023 (the course will be only 1 of the 2 days).
* Topics of interest: extreme weather events in WA and surrounding areas (smoke; taking care of clients in extreme heat/smoke environment, extreme cold).
* Target audience: Caregivers.
* The speaker will be paid.

SEIU 775 Benefits Group<https://www.myseiubenefits.org/about> partners with workers, employers, and industry stakeholders to collectively solve challenges facing the home care workforce through innovation, creativity, and an evidence-based approach.

If you are interested in volunteering for this opportunity, please let me know by 31st July 2023 and I will choose volunteers in order of responses to this email. When you email, I will confirm your interest and connect you with the event managers.

GEORGE K. DARKWAH
PCC Graduate Steering Committee member
Public Engagement Subcommittee member
Graduate Research Assistant (SASWE Group)
Civil and Environmental Engineering
gdarkwah at uw.edu<mailto:gdarkwah at uw.edu>
[Image]