[pccgrads] Fwd: Invitation for your students to attend COP27 virtual event

Luanne Thompson luanne at uw.edu
Wed Oct 19 08:22:44 PDT 2022

Hi PCC grads!

See this opportunity to participate in student discussions on November 2 on
COP27! COP27 is the next gathering for negotiations for the UN Framework
Convection on Climate Change that will take place November 6-8. See
attached.

LuAnne

Dear Professor Bitz

On behalf of the Climate Alliance I am very pleased to extend an invitation
to your student community to join us for an online series of networking and
discussions in the lead up to COP 27.

As part of our #ClimateTalks program, we are hosting a virtual student
roundtable discussion on Nov. 2 (see attached document for relevant
timezones). The topic is Extreme Weather: Protecting vulnerable
communities. Please see attached some details about the planned
presentations and activities. We are very happy to host your students at
this roundtable.

Please share this summary and registration link with your students:

*Join us in conversations about how climate change is impacting communities
around the world. We want to hear your views ahead of COP27 on what is
being done and what you would like to see from our global leaders as
outcomes of the negotiations to help the most vulnerable become more
resilient. Communities around the world are being forced to acknowledge
the impact climate change is having on their food, health and water
systems, not to mention where they can safely live and how they should
prepare for disasters. Global virtual event 12pm UTC | **Register for free
here* [eventbrite.com.au]
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/432392978037/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!m6hgenVuX_lX3VdPcW8krmPnvaDBZhOO6dyzfWXbnc838wbFM_jcQZxbosIt-W6HDW0O6-BhhmGbHCSfzODdP7Y$>

Places are limited so please encourage them to respond as soon as
possible. I’m happy to meet you and/or any interested students to discuss
the event or any questions you may have.

I’m very much looking forward to collaborating with you.

Best regards

Louise

*Dr Louise Fitzgerald*

Program Officer

E: L.fitzgerald at unsw.edu.au

*International Universities Climate Alliance*

Secretariat: UNSW Sydney

universitiesforclimate at unsw.edu.au

[unsw.edu.au]
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.unsw.edu.au/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!m6hgenVuX_lX3VdPcW8krmPnvaDBZhOO6dyzfWXbnc838wbFM_jcQZxbosIt-W6HDW0O6-BhhmGbHCSfvAdDuBE$>CRICOS