[pccgrads] Ecotrust is hiring a Geospatial Data Scientist & Engineer

David D. Diaz diazsefs at uw.edu
Sat May 21 11:30:02 PDT 2022

My team at Ecotrust is growing, and we're recruiting for a new data science
role!

*Position Title: *Geospatial Data Scientist & Engineer @ Ecotrust
*Location: *This position may work from our Portland office or work
remotely within our region (must be based in Oregon, Washington,
California, or Alaska)
*Salary Range: *$85,000 - $96,000
*Posting Date: *May 16, 2022
*Application Deadline: *Tuesday, May 31 2022 11:59pm PST, position open
until filled. Review of applications will begin on June 1
*Anticipated Start Date: *July 20, 2022

*Job Summary*
The Geospatial Data Scientist & Engineer (GDSE) will lead reproducible
research for monitoring, predicting, and communicating conditions of lands,
waters, and communities based on ground-based and remotely-sensed data
through the use of open-source data science and software engineering. They
will develop and apply computer vision, machine learning, and probabilistic
modeling methods to detect and characterize changes in forest ecosystems
and communities over time driven by forest management, climate change, and
natural disturbances. They will provide technical leadership for the
development and implementation of new data-driven projects or activities to
support several Ecotrust teams working in forests, food systems, and
fisheries.

*Who you are*
You bring a love of data, coding, predictive modeling, and ecosystem
science along with a commitment to drive radical, practical change, to
collaborate with humility, to enable others, and to put equity at the
center of your work. You weave together expertise in Python programming,
geospatial and image analysis, and computing to deliver actionable
research. You flex expertise in data science and machine learning,
developing rigorous analytical workflows to acquire, clean, and interpret
data using open-source tools and techniques, tempered with humility,
appreciation, and interest in learning from and honoring multiple ways of
knowing. You are eager to learn from others and collaborate, and are
motivated to ensure your work contributes to broader efforts at Ecotrust
and with our partners to advance Indigenous sovereignty and
self-determination, to identify and address racial disparities, and to make
a meaningful impact in terms of land, water, and climate justice.

This is a full-time position, based out of Portland, OR or remotely from
anywhere in Oregon, California, Washington, or Alaska. Read more about the
position and how to apply here:
https://ecotrust.applytojob.com/apply/GSNJjJWzlc/Geospatial-Data-Scientist-Engineer
Cheers,
David Diaz