[pccgrads] PCC Outreach Opportunity: Earth Day at Innovation Lab High School

Ellen Koukel ekoukel at uw.edu
Mon Mar 28 10:12:04 PDT 2022

Hello all,

I'm sending this email again, since we only received limited engagement
last time. This is a really cool opportunity to work with Innovation Lab
High School, which has a lot of students that are super invested in
learning about the climate and the environment! The event specifics are
outlined below:

*WHO*: 2-3 grad students, postdocs, or faculty members with expertise in
the environment, climate change, natural Earth systems, or government
involvement in environmental preservation.
*WHAT*: Each speaker gives either one large presentation (55 min) to the
entire school OR presents to about 70 students at a time for 25 minutes.
Speakers can choose to present either once or multiple times throughout the
day. Presentations can also include speaker-led activities for the
students. *This is super flexible, it can be whatever you want!*
*WHEN/WHERE*: Friday, April 22, 8:10-2:55 (presenters do not have to attend
for the entire day) either on zoom or in person at 2020 224th St. SE,
Bothell.

If you are interested in volunteering for this opportunity, please let me
know by *Wednesday March 30th* and I will choose volunteers in order of
response to this email. *You do not have to have your presentation prepared
by Wednesday. *When you email, I will confirm your interest and connect you
and other volunteers with the event managers and you can work from there.

Thanks!
Ellen Koukel
PCC Graduate Student Advisory Committee member
Public Engagement Subcommittee member

--
Ellen Koukel (she/her)
Graduate Student