[WYC Announce] S&C Announcement

WYC Rear Commodore rearcommodore at washingtonyachtclub.org
Wed Jul 5 18:13:32 PDT 2023

Hi everyone,

Summer Snooze & Cruise will be July 15th-16th. It is a great way to meet
club members, enjoy a relaxing weekend, and learn a bit about sailing all
in one. No experience is required.

Skippers:
*We are calling for skippers!* If you are available, please fill out
this form <https://database.washingtonyachtclub.org/snc.cgi> with your boat
preferences. Former club members with boats: we would love for you to join
as well.

About the trip:
Snooze & Cruise is a weekend sailing adventure hosted by the club during
the warm months. We depart early Saturday morning, sail over to Blake
Island for the night, and head back to campus on Sunday morning. We've
reserved a group campsite to put up your tent and a beachside picnic
shelter for preparing and eating meals. Saturday's dinner, Sunday's
breakfast, and a bagged lunch for Sunday's trip home are included. Please
note that you are required to provide your own sleeping bag, tent, and mess
kit. You will also need to pack a lunch for the Saturday sail.

More Details and Registration:
Registration will open Monday 6/10 for members. Signup closes Thursday the
14th or when space runs out. For more details visit
https://washingtonyachtclub.org/lessons-events/snooze-cruise/

We are also going to have a work party to prepare for the trip on July 14th
from 5-7 pm. Members- please plan to attend that.

Please send any questions to sailing at uw.edu.

Thanks,
Layla
--