[Tweeters] bird in trouble - Seattle

pan via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Fri May 31 18:22:11 PDT 2024

Hi,

There's a male House Finch trapped in a mesh enclosure under the ceiling above the south elevator on the upper platform at the Northgate light rail station.  Someone needs to release it, then fix the mesh so more birds don't get caught.  I've contacted:
Sound Transit at 206-398-5268, which gets you a quick response, at least to texts, but they suggested I call King County animal control.
K. C. Animal Control at 206-296-7387 has recordings about various situations, but seems uninterested in wildlife unless to tell you to hand it off to a rehabilitator, and suggests calling Fish and Wildlife.
WA Fish and Wildlife, at 360-902-2936 also has recordings and takes messages (it's after hours), but likewise seems unprepared to respond to a trapped animal unless it's "dangerous."

This bird will be dead by business hours Monday (and I'll be out of town).  If you have a better idea, please pursue it.

Thanks,

Alan Grenon
Seattle
panmail AT mailfence dot com