[Tweeters] eBird - exploring by month

Douglas Resnick via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Thu May 30 22:06:41 PDT 2024

Recently, I noticed that the user interface of Explore in eBird
(https://ebird.org/explore) had changed.  As I recall, I used to be able
to view checklists for a given month of the year at a given hotspot by
choosing Explore Hotspots, setting the date range to the month, setting
the location somewhere near the hotspot, clicking on the hotspot, then
clicking on something in the resulting window.  The obvious thing to
click in that last window in the current eBird is View Details; I can't
remember whether that label has changed.  Clicking View Details in the
current eBird opens eBirding This Month, which is the current month, not
the chosen month.  I haven't yet found any way to get a list of
checklists for a given month for a given hotspot.  Can anyone tell me
how to do that?

Thanks.

Douglas Resnick
Edmonds, WA