[Tweeters] Anyone seen Woodpecker w/Yellow Head: Amer 3-Toed or Black-backed?

Brian Huntoon via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Thu May 30 16:09:31 PDT 2024

Thanks, Lori.

The yellow on the crown looked a lot more solid and larger than the patches in the photos of the juvenile Hairys. But who knows. There’s so much variation. The color was definitely yellow, not gold or orange.

I should ask the Pileated on my suet feeder right now if he got a good look. 😁

thanks again!

Brian