[Tweeters] TRUS in Snohomish County

Martha Jordan via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Wed May 29 12:21:16 PDT 2024

There have been two areas where a Trumpeter Swan has been observed over the
past month. Actually more than that, but these are in Snohomish County.
One at Bob Heirman Wildlife Park at Shadow Lake, and the other at Fobes Rd
wetland area.
Since I have physically not been able to get out and observe either of
these birds, I am reaching out to get more information on them. From the
photo of the bird at Fobes Rd wetland it appears this bird has a serious
wing injury and is unable to fly. I am not sure about the one reported at
BHWP. They do not seem to be "the same bird".

If you have more information on these birds or want to help track
them, please let me know. I hope to be getting back to the field in about 2
weeks. Please write or contact me off tweeters:
206-713-3684 mj.cygnus at gmail.com

Thanks.
Northwest Swan Conservation Association
Martha Jordan