[Tweeters] Would an Osprey Eat a Dipper?

Hank Heiberg via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Wed May 1 20:35:07 PDT 2024

Today at the Tokul Creek bridge located in King County between Fall City
and Snoqualmie Falls we came upon an Osprey perched on a wire just upstream
from the bridge, an American Dipper hotspot. Here are some photos.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ljcouple/53692016177/in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ljcouple/53693114178/in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ljcouple/53692016672/in/dateposted

We observed the Osprey for maybe 30 minutes while it stared downstream
towards the water under the bridge. We were hoping for some action.
Eventually a Dipper flew in from downstream vocalizing and landed under the
bridge. The Osprey swooped down from its perch and flew under the bridge.
We didn’t see what happened under the bridge nor did we see the Osprey fly
off. We never heard or saw the Dipper again.