[Tweeters] American Crow

Hank Heiberg via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Sat Jun 29 17:24:41 PDT 2024

How frequently do American Crows get mentioned on Tweeters? Not often so
here goes. We were walking along the unpaved path in the east meadow of
Marymoor Park in Redmond, WA. in a successful search to at least hear the
previously reported Yellow-breasted Chat. For quite a distance a juvenile
(?) American Crow hopped in front of us and looked back like it knew us.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ljcouple/53823353367/in/photostream/

It was never more than about 3 feet in front of us. Occasionally it found
a bug to eat. When we arrived at the paved path, the Crow went right
towards the parking lots and we went left towards Lake Sammamish. We said
goodbye as we parted ways.

Hank & Karen Heiberg
Issaquah, WA