Michael Hobbs via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Thu Jun 6 13:49:15 PDT 2024

Tweets - It was a delightful morning today, and the birds were singing.
Mostly sunny, and neither too cold nor too hot. It's June, so we have a
pretty set list of birds we might see, and we saw most of them plus a few
others

Highlights:
Pied-billed Grebe - One from the Lake Platform, after 6 weeks of
absence
Band-tailed Pigeon - Notably many sightings
Virginia Rail - One responded from across the slough after 6 weeks of
absence (or at least silence)
Ring-billed Gull - Two flew north overhead. First since March
Downy Woodpecker - Pair bringing food to a nest at the west end of the
boardwalk
Western Wood-Pewee - Doing full-blown two-part song this morning
Western Flycatcher - First of Year (FOY), also singing
Cedar Waxwing - Many sightings
Orange-crowned Warbler - Two heard, one pre-dawn, one at the end of
the walk at the Rowing Club
Black-throated Gray Warbler - Matt heard one singing at the Rowing Club
Western Tanager - One seen briefly, another heard

About 25 species were heard singing today. Quite a few babies about too.

Pre-dawn, Tony saw a BOBCAT at the SW corner of the East Meadow (FOY)

It was a good day.

= Michael Hobbs
= BirdMarymoor at gmail.com
= www.marymoor.org/birding.htm