[Tweeters] kittiwake, buntings, and others from Jefferson Co

Steve Hampton via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Sun Jun 2 11:03:56 PDT 2024

Because BLACK-LEGGED KITTIWAKE is not flagged on eBird for JeffCo (due to
our pelagic reach), I'll mention there was an immature at Oak Bay County
Park near Chimacum/Port Hadlock yesterday.

Other recent noteworthies include:
quite a few EVENING GROSBEAKS around Port Townsend -- esp Cherry and P a
few days ago, and today flying over my house;
2-3 singing LAZULI BUNTINGS (very rare up here) along West Uncas Rd near
Discovery Bay;
a NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD was reported yesterday at Pt Wilson;
at least two WESTERN KINGBIRDS last week;
some late geese at Pt Wilson - 4 ALEUTIAN CACKLERS and 3 flyover
WHITE-FRONTED.

Spring migration is still very much giving gifts!

good birding,

--
Steve Hampton
Port Townsend, WA (qatáy)