[Tweeters] Merlins in Auburn?

Mary Johnson via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Tue Jul 30 20:23:44 PDT 2024

On Sunday afternoon I saw a pair of birds overhead, and one of them was
calling while they circled around. Their appearance and sound were
unfamiliar to me, so I whipped out my phone to use the Merlin app, and
wondered if I was being mocked when it said it was . . . a Merlin. Ha. I am
a hobby birder so wanted to ask how accurate the Merlin app is? I was able
to record for about 20 seconds. If so, this was a life bird for me! This
happened in a suburban neighborhood near Green River College in Auburn.
Thank you!

Mary