[Tweeters] Birding NZ?

Michael Hellen via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Tue Jul 30 12:18:26 PDT 2024

Hi Jim,

I’ve never heard of Waybill Birding Tours. It looks interesting but can’t vouch for them. I live in Auckland, NZ now and know of quite a few places for birding. I’m sure their tour goes to many of them. Also, there are some good Facebook groups for birding. New Zealanders like to use them to share photos and such. Is there anything you are looking for in particular? Locations? New Zealand is about the size of California and the roads can be a bit slow and windy, so it will take some time to get around.

Here’s my website if you want to get an idea of what to see. I’m more of a photographer than a birder but enjoy finding birds when I can.

https://www.michaelhellen.com/

Take care

Michael